This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
THESE SWEET, SALTY, CHEWY PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES ARE SUPER DELICIOUS AND SO EASY TO MAKE!
These cookies are so deliciously soft and chewy, they have become a favorite of mine. The Reese’s peanut butter chips add that extra oomph of “peanut butter” flavor, while the sea salt sprinkled on top provides that whole salty sweet thing we all love so much.
I love these cookies, and I’m pretty sure you will too. And they are so easy to make!
Start by creaming the butter, peanut butter, granulated and brown sugars, vanilla and egg.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in the wet ingredients and Reese’s peanut butter chips. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnight.
The first time I made these cookies, I was impatient and did not refrigerate the dough for long enough. Your cookies will come out flat if you do not let the dough get cold enough. Granted, they were still quite good, just flat.
After your dough has been adequately refrigerated, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 1 1/2″ balls, roll in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Smash each cookie lightly with a fork and sprinkle with sea salt.
I like to use a heavy pinch of sea salt, but use as much or as little as you desire. In my opinion, the sea salt is what makes these cookies the best peanut butter cookies ever. A bit over the top you say? Nah, they’re pretty damn good.
Bake for 9 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Then eat to your hearts content. The boyfriend likes them with milk. Me? I don’t care. As long as I’m eating cookies. These cookies. Chewy peanut butter cookies. With lots of sea salt.
VARIATION: You can substitute half the Reese’s peanut chips for chocolate chips if you want to add a little chocolatey goodness to your cookies. I have actually made half peanut butter chips and half chocolate for my chocolate lover boyfriend. In the end, he admitted the peanut butter were better though. They were. But hey, you don’t know if you don’t try, right?
Who out there feels the same about peanut cookies as I do? What do you think about these? Best cookies ever, or do you have an even better recipe?
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment and let me know how it turned out!
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese's peanut butter chips Reese's Peanut Butter Baking Chips-10 oz
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar loose
- Sea salt
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and combine with wet ingredients. Mix in the Reese's peanut butter chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2" balls, roll in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Smash each cookie lightly with a fork and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 9 minutes, remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.