Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Simple potatoes roasted with butter and salt until crispy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 lbs. small potatoes (SEE NOTES), cut in 1-2" pieces
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Boil the potatoes until they can just be pierced by a fork/knife. Drain.
While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter and salt in a large bowl. Add the cooked potatoes and stir to coat with the butter.
**At this point, you can other other seasonings if you desire such as truffles, garlic, onions, etc.** (SEE NOTES)
Place the butter coated potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes, stirring halfway through. The potatoes will be browned and slightly crispy on the outside when done.
- I recommend using small potatoes - white, purple, red, fingerling, gold - really any of them will work for this recipe. They key is to cut them in 1-2" pieces, which is easier when the potato is small.
- When boiling the potatoes, be careful not to over boil or they will become mushy. They should be just tender enough to pierce with a fork.
- The butter is key here. It adds the flavor, richness, and is what helps the potatoes get nice and crispy. You can also substitute duck or goose fat for an equally crispy potato. So if it seems like a lot of butter, it is. But you need it.
- To make these potatoes with duck fat (or other fats), follow the exact recipe, exact swap the butter for duck fat.
- If you add garlic, onions, etc. to the potatoes, make sure they are cut in larger pieces so they don't burn while the potatoes roast.
- To reheat these roasted potatoes, drizzle them with 1-2 tbsp. of butter (or any fat), mix well to coat, and place them in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes and roast until they start to sizzle and crisp back up on the outside.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 965mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 29.8mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.2mg