Curry Roasted Winter Vegetables
Sweet, hearty, and comforting Roasted Winter Vegetables are mixed with Indian spiced curry seasoning for a blast of heat and and absolutely amazing flavor!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, diced
- 1 cup turnips, cut in 1" pieces
- 4 parsnips, halved and sliced in half
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut in 2" pieces
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, plus 1 tbsp. coconut oil (liquefied)
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1 tsp. salt
Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat the chopped veggies in 4 tbsp. of the coconut oil and place on a large (11 x 17") parchment paper lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, remove from oven and set aside.
In the meantime, combine the remaining 1 tbsp. of coconut oil, curry powder, garam masala, lemon juice, ginger and salt in a bowl to make a sauce.
Coat the roasted veggies in the curry sauce mixture. Place back in the oven and roast an additional 15 minutes, or until vegetables can be easily pierced with a fork. They should be browned and caramelized. Serve immediately.
- Any winter veggies can be used here. You want about 6-7 cups of fresh chopped veggies.
- To intensify the flavor of the curry sauce, toast the dry spices in a skillet over medium heat until they start to become fragrant. Then continue making your sauce. I highly recommend taking the extra time to toast your spices.
- Roasting the vegetables at a higher temperature (like 425 degrees) is what allows them to become caramelized on the outside.
- To freeze roasted vegetables: Wrap the roasted veggies tightly in aluminum foil then place in a freezer bag. To reheat, roast them in a 425 degree oven (straight from frozen) for about 10 minutes, until thawed and warm. Note that frozen veggies will not be as firm or crisp as when they are freshly roasted.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 355mg | Potassium: 724mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 66.3% | Vitamin C: 53.3% | Calcium: 7.5% | Iron: 10.5%