Mashed Potato Filled Wontons
Make these Mashed Potato Filled Wontons for a fun treat! Mixed with cheese, bacon, butter and salty delicious potato chips, stuffed in a wonton wrapper and baked until golden brown and crispy, these are a perfect game time appetizer!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened or melted, plus 1 tbsp. melted
- 2 tbsp. scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup potato chips, smashed
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Wonton wrappers (30-40 wrappers)
- Gravy (for serving)
Combine all ingredients (except 1 tbsp. melted butter and wonton wrappers) in a bowl. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and place 1 tbsp. of the potato mixture in the center. Wet the edges with water and place in the wonton press. If you don't have a wonton press, just seal the edges securely with your fingers. Place wonton on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Continue until all potato mixture has been used. Brush the tops with the melted tbsp. of butter. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the wontons are golden brown. Serve with homemade gravy.
- Use water to wet the edges of the wonton wrapper. This helps the dough stick so the wonton filling doesn't leak out.
- If you're sealing with your fingers, go over the edges with a fork to make sure they are sealed well.
- To freeze: before brushing with butter place them on a baking sheet directly in the freezer for 3 hours. Once frozen, place them in a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. Brush them with butter and bake them straight from frozen, adding an additional 5-10 minutes to the cook time.
- To make ahead: make the wonton filling and stuff the wontons. Store on a flat baking sheet, covered, in the fridge overnight. Brush with butter and bake according to the recipe instructions.
Serving: 2wontons | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 254mg | Potassium: 313mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 13.9mg | Calcium: 118mg | Iron: 0.5mg