Instant Pot Turkey Chili
Packed with spicy Andouille sausage, chunks of juicy turkey, corn, green chilies and Fritos, this easy turkey chili is the perfect way to use up that leftover turkey too.
Servings 10 servings
Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and brown the Andouille sausage. Add the remaining ingredients and pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the manual release for the remaining pressure. Serve the chili in bowls with 1-2 tbsp. of sour cream, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup Fritos and garnish with chives.
- Ground turkey can be used in place of diced turkey. If using ground turkey, brown it in the Instant Pot with the Andouille sausage. Then follow the remaining recipe instructions.
- If you can't find Andouille sausage, you can substitute it with any smoked sausage
- The beer is optional but highly recommended. It helps to tenderize the meat, giving the chili an amazing smooth mouth texture.
- The recipe calls for turkey stock, but bone broth can be substituted for an even richer flavor. I love using bone broth if I have it.
- This chili is best served with healthy amounts of sour cream. Start with a smaller amount (1 tbsp) and work your way up to get the best flavor. Same goes for the cheddar cheese.
- Add additional cayenne pepper and/or chili powder for a spicier chili. The recipe as-is is not very spicy.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 430mg | Potassium: 269mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1030IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1.2mg