Creamy Shrimp Scampi with Tortellini
This shrimp scampi tortellini has all the good stuff...butter, garlic, cheesy tortellini, white wine and a spritz of fresh lemon juice.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 16 ounces cheese tortellini cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tomato diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- Juice of half lemon
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the tomato, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the white wine and lemon and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
Add the coconut sugar, salt, pepper, and cream and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until thickened slightly. Sauce should stick the the back of a spoon. Then add the cooked tortellini, stir and heat to boiling. Let simmer for about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens from the starch in the pasta.
Remove from heat, garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.
- Any kind of fresh or frozen tortellini will do. You can even substitute different kinds if you don't want cheese. But really, who doesn't want cheese????
- Sometimes I cheat and used jarred garlic for recipes, but you definitely want to use fresh garlic in this recipe - it makes all the difference!
- And lastly, use the best olive oil you have. The olive oil will really shine here, so the better the olive oil, the better the dish.
- If the sauce is too thick, add additional cream or chicken stock until it reaches desired consistency (salt may need to be adjusted).
- If the sauce is too thin, add 1-2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water and let it simmer for a couple minutes. The starch in the water should help to thicken it.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 755mg | Potassium: 78mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 439IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 123mg | Iron: 2mg