Homemade Singapore Laksa Recipe
Authentic Singapore Laksa is incredibly flavorful, rich, delicious, plus this version is super easy to make, and packs a very authentic flavor!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Heat the coconut oil in a dutch oven over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and Thai chilies and stir fry 1-2 minutes, until it becomes fragrant. Be careful not to burn. Add the palm sugar, kefir lime leaves and seafood stock and bring to a simmer.
Then add the lemongrass, lime juice, fish sauce and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes at a simmer.
While the broth is simmering, use a pair of scissors or a knife to cut the rice noodles into 2-3" pieces.
Remove the broth from the heat and add seafood. Cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes, until seafood is cooked through.
Add cut, cooked rice noodles and tofu to a bowl. Ladle the soup into the bowl and garnish with bean sprouts, limes, fresh mint and fried shallots.
- For this recipe, I've used store bought laksa paste because it has a great flavor and is much easier than making your own.
- If you don't have palm sugar, you can substitute coconut or brown sugar. However, once you taste palm sugar, you'll never go back!
- Always use full fat coconut milk - I do not recommend using lite coconut milk as the consistency will not some out the same. We want the rich flavor of the coconut milk.
- Any kind of seafood or chicken can be used in this recipe. If you use fish, I recommend using a firm white fish. If you substitute chicken, it will need to be browned and cooked fully before adding to the soup.
- The fried tofu can be found in the "health" food section of your grocery store. You can also find it in the Asian grocery. If you can't find fried tofu, you can substitute regular tofu or just leave it out.
- The cooked rice noodles should be cut in 2-3" pieces so they can be scooped into a soup spoon as is done in traditional laksa.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 1127mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2.5% | Vitamin C: 25.1% | Calcium: 22.3% | Iron: 19%