Puff Pastry Cinnamon Swirls
These puff pastry Cinnamon Swirls are baked to a buttery, flaky, gooey caramelized perfection, then drizzled with an orange glaze, in only 30 minutes!
Course Breakfast, Dessert
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes minutes
Total Time 25 minutes minutes
Servings 9 servings
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees
Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and orange zest in a bowl and mix to combine.
Lay the puff pastry flat on a lightly floured surface.
Spread the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the puff pastry.
Gently roll up the edges and continue rolling, as lightly as you can. You may need to lightly moisten the edges with water or a but of egg wash to make them stick.
Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled up pastry in 1 to 1 ½" pieces.
Place the pieces on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Brush the tops of the pastry with the egg wash, then sprinkle with the coarse sugar and sea salt.
Bake the cinnamon swirls for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. The cinnamon sugar mixture will have leaked into the pan, but that it ok.
Remove and spoon the melted cinnamon sugar mixture from the pan over the top of the cinnamon swirls. Let cool for 5 minutes and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
The bottom will be perfectly caramelized with the cinnamon, sugar and butter mixture. Drizzle with the orange glaze and serve.
- If the cinnamon sugar mixture is too soft, pop it in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow it to firm up. It's easier to spread when it's more firm.
- If the puff pastry does not stick together when rolling, use a touch of water or egg wash to wet the edges.
- Spoon the melted cinnamon sugar butter over the top of the cinnamon swirls right after they come out of the oven.
- Let the cinnamon swirls cool slightly (5 minutes) before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Make sure the powdered sugar has been sifted or mix well to eliminate lumps. Otherwise you end up with a lumpy glaze.
- If the glaze is still lumpy, place it in a blender or food processor for a few seconds to smooth it out.
- They can be warmed slightly in a toaster oven if you prefer a warm pastry.
Serving: 1pastry | Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 385mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1.1mg