Grilled Salmon Tacos with Creamy Salsa
These grilled Salmon Tacos are quick and easy to make, with the perfect sweet, spicy smoky flavor. Drizzled with a spicy, creamy Vietnamese style salsa, these tacos can be on the table in under 30 minutes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 24 oz. Cedar Bay Sugar & Spice Cedar Planked Salmon
- Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Serrano pepper sliced
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Creamy Vietnamese Salsa (see below)
If the salmon is still frozen, thaw it in the fridge overnight. Grill the salmon directly on the cedar plank on a 425 degree grill for 15-20 minutes (internal temperature of 145 degrees). Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
Shred the salmon in chunks with a fork.
Build your tacos with the shredded lettuce, salmon, Serrano pepper, avocado, cilantro and drizzle them with creamy Vietnamese salsa.
Place 1/4 cup the oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat. Fry the tortillas in batches about 1 minutes per side, until golden brown and pliable.
Add additional oil half way through when oil has been used up.
- Be sure not to overcook the salmon - otherwise the fish will be dry. I typically only cook the fish for 15 minutes as I prefer it to be slightly undone in the middle (the safe temperature is 145 degrees).
- Make the salsa spicier by adding an additional jalapeno pepper, or other hot pepper of your choice.
- To make the salmon tacos milder, omit or reduce the amount of jalapeno in the salsa, as well as the fresh sliced Serrano peppers on the tacos.
- Greek yogurt can be substituted for the sour cream if desired.
- Tacos can also be served with traditional salsa.
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 630kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 1136mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1050IU | Vitamin C: 16.6mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg