Simple Roasted Leeks
A super easy to make, but absolutely delicious side dish, these Roasted Leeks are simple with just a touch of garlic, olive oil and salt.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 whole leek
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove minced (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Trim the top couple inches off the leeks and about an inch at the bottom. Slice the leeks in half, long ways.
Rinse them very well in cold water.
Place leeks on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, salt and garlic.
Roast for 10-15 minutes, until ends start to brown and leeks can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Wash them thoroughly before using them - leeks can be very dirty.
- Larger leeks will need to roast longer - once a knife can be inserted easily into the thickest part of the leeks, they are done.
- The garlic is optional - I like the extra flavor it adds, but you can leave it out if you prefer.
- Leeks can be reheated in the microwave. They are great leftover!
Serving: 0.5leek | Calories: 126kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 1163mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg