Crock Pot Au Gratin Potatoes
Crock pot Au Gratin Potatoes are the ultimate easy-to-make comfort food. The perfect side dish for Thanksgiving Dinner, these potatoes are a carb lovers dream.
Course Side Dish
Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time 3 hours hours 30 minutes minutes
Total Time 3 hours hours 40 minutes minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes sliced in ¼" slices
- 1 large onion sliced in ¼" slices
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Spray the crock pot generously with non stick cooking spray.
Slice the potatoes in ¼ inch slices and layer in the bottom of the crock pot, alternating them with slices of onion.
In a skillet, melt the butter and flour over medium low heat, whisking constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes while whisking.
SLOWLY pour the milk in while continuing to whisk.
Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
Pour the cheese mixture over the potatoes and shake the crock pot to let it sink into all the crevices.
Place a layer of paper towels over the top (under the lid) and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Turn the heat off and let the potatoes sit for 10 minutes.
- Using paper towels under the lid help to keep the potatoes from getting soggy.
- Shred the cheese from the block instead of using pre-shredded as the pre-shredded doesn't melt as smoothly.
- Use a mandolin to slice the onions and potatoes.
- Whole milk will provide the best, creamiest results.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1082mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 644IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 1mg