Instant Pot Sushi Rice
This Instant Pot sushi rice has a ton of flavor and takes very little time and effort to make.
Servings 4 servings
Rinse the rice well in a strainer and let it drain.
Add the rice and water to the Instant Pot and Set to cook on LOW pressure (rice setting if you have one) for 10 minutes.
While the rice is cooking, mix the vinegars, salt and sugar together in a bowl and stir until sugar and salt have dissolved.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Spread the rice on a flat, nonstock surface (like a cutting board) and sprinkle the vinegar mixture over the top.
Using a wooden (or rice) spatula, gently fold the rice to mix the vinegar in well.
Use the rice to make sushi or serve it as a side.
- If the sugar won't dissolve, put your vinegar mixture in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it (start with 10 second intervals).
- The vinegar mixture should be room temperature or cooler before mixing into the rice.
- To keep the rice from sticking, I recommend using a non-stick insert for the Instant Pot.
- Make sure you mix the vinegar mixture in gently to avoid crushing the rice (using a wooden spoon helps to prevent crushing the rice as well).
- Sushi rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in a covered container for the best results (I find it's best to use them same day, personally).
- Reheat in the microwave or on a skillet over medium-low heat.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 298mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg