Air Fryer Crab Cakes
Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender in the middle, these Air Fryer Crab Cakes have such a satisfying crunch without the efforts of frying!
Servings 4 servings
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl (except the cooking oil spray). Very gently mix until combined.
Form into 4 balls and lightly press into patties (about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick).
Spray the bottom of the air fryer with the oil.
Place the crab cakes in the air fryer and cook at 375F degrees for 10 minutes (shaking halfway through).
Remove and serve with Cajun remoulade sauce.
- Use a good quality spray oil (not PAM or equivalent) to avoid damaging the air fryer. I like to use this oil sprayer and fill with my favorite oil.
- Flip the crab cakes half way through if they seem to be browning unevenly.
- Add an extra 1 to 2 minutes if they have not browned on the outside.
- Each air fryer cooks a little differently, so make sure you watch to ensure they don’t burn or overcook.
- I prefer to use avocado oil as it has a mild flavor and a high smoke point so it doesn’t burn.
- If your air fryer model requires preheating, please do so before adding in your crab cakes.
- For even crispy crab cakes, don’t overcrowd the crab cakes in the air fryer basket.
- If you are having issues with shaping the crab cakes, make sure your hands are wet. If your crab cakes aren’t holding its shape, you can refrigerate the crab cakes before air frying.
Serving: 1crab cake | Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 596mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 91IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg