Sous Vide Skirt Steak (Sous Vide Bulgogi)
Sous Vide Skirt Steak is marinated and cooked to tender and juicy perfection with a sweet and savory bulgogi sauce!
Servings 4 people
- 1 ½ pounds skirt steak
- ½ pear diced
- 4 garlic cloves smashed or minced
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- Lettuce optional - for serving
- Sticky rice optional - for serving
- Kimchi optional - for serving
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
Place the skirt steak in a vacuum sealable bag with the marinade ingredients. A ziplock bag can also be used if using the water displacement method (see above in post for explanation).
Use a vacuum sealer to remove the air and store in the fridge overnight to marinate.
Once the meat has marinated, heat a sous vide water bath to 131F degrees and cook the beef for 4 hours.
Remove the beef from the water bath and place in an ice bath for 10 minutes.
Remove the beef from the bag, reserving the juices, and pat dry.
Heat a grill or a cast iron skillet over high heat until smoking and sear the beef for 60 seconds per side, until a brown crust is formed.
Slice and serve in lettuce wraps with Korean sticky rice, kimchi and drizzled with reserved bag sauce.
- Removing the air from the bag is an important step that should not be skipped to avoid bacteria entering the bag.
- For the best results, be sure to marinate the steak overnight in the fridge. This will give the steak time to absorb the marinade flavors.
- Make sure to pat the beef dry before pan searing or grilling. This will help with browning.
- Don't sear your skirt steak for more than 60 seconds per side as it will overcook.
- Make sure you cut the steak against the grain as thinly as possible.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 698mg | Potassium: 558mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 3mg