Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
These easy, creamy Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes pressure cook in just 10 minutes and can easily be made in advance!
Servings 6 servings
Place all the ingredients, except the cream and butter, in the Instant Pot and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
Use the quick release to release the pressure.
Turn the Instant Pot off and add the cream and butter to the pot.
Use a potato masher or a fork and mash the potatoes until they are mostly uniform in consistency. (It's okay if there are a few lumps, it gives it texture).
Add additional salt to taste.
- To ensure even cooking, cut the potatoes into roughly the same size cubes. I cut mine into 2-inch cubes.
- If you cut the potatoes into larger cubes, they will take longer to cook.
- Use the quick release to release pressure. If you naturally release the pressure, the potatoes will over cook.
- For the best results, I prefer to use a potato masher or a fork. The sweet potatoes are so soft, there is no need to use a blender or food processor to achieve a creamy texture.
- Be careful not to over mash the sweet potatoes as they might take on a gummy texture.
- If your mashed sweet potatoes seem watery, you can turn on the sauté mode on your Instant Pot and cook off the liquid. (Do this carefully as the potatoes can burn quickly).
- If the potatoes seem a little dry, just add a little more butter or cream.
- While the sweet potatoes need just 10 minutes to pressure cook, you’ll want to factor in time for pressure to build and release in the Instant Pot.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 832mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 33087IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 2mg