Instant Pot Sausage
Instant Pot Sausage and Peppers is an easy weeknight dinner requiring just 6 ingredients and less than 40 minutes from start to finish!
Servings 5 servings
Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot insert and add the sausage. Brown on all sides (about 2-3 minutes total) and set aside.
Add the onions and peppers to the pot and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and sausage and mix together.
Pour the tomato sauce over the top (don't mix it in) and pressure cook on high for 6 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Serve hot alone or place on a bread to make a sandwich.
- I use a 6 quart Instant Pot. If you have a smaller one, be careful not to overfill it.
- While the cooking time is just 6 minutes on high in the Instant Pot, you’ll also need to factor in time for pressure to build and release.
- Be sure to let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes as the sausages will continue to cook during this time.
- When you add the tomato sauce, just pour it on top of the sausages. If you mix it in, it may cause a burn error message on your Instant Pot.
- Instead of tomato sauce, you can substitute it with pasta sauce or marinara sauce.
- To prevent the sausages from splitting, you may want to pierce them with a fork before cooking them in the Instant Pot.
- Cook the sausages to a safe internal temperature of 160F degrees. If your sausages contain ground turkey or chicken, they should be cooked to 165F degrees.
- The recipe doesn’t include any seasonings as the sausages are flavorful on their own. If you prefer extra flavor, add a sprinkle of salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning or some red pepper flakes.
Serving: 1sausage | Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 1460mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 2054IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg