Stir Fry Ground Beef
Stir Fry Ground Beef is a quick and easy dinner recipe, taking just 30 minutes from start to finish, and packed with protein and veggies.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 red pepper
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1-8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
- Sliced green onions for garnish
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Brown the beef in a large skillet.
Drain the excess fat and set the beef aside.
Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook over medium heat until they start to release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
Add the red pepper and snap peas and cook 2-3 minutes, until softened.
Add the beef and stir in the sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes. (Use a cornstarch slurry if the sauce is too thin).
Serve hot over rice garnished with green onions.
- Instead of ground beef, you can make this stir fry with ground chicken, ground pork or ground turkey.
- Don’t over cook the ground beef as it will get tough and rubbery. You want it cooked to a safe internal temperature of 160F degrees.
- You’ll want to drain the excess fat off the ground beef after it is browned so your stir fry isn’t too greasy.
- Feel free to change up the veggies, just make sure they are veggies that cook at the same rate. We sometimes use broccoli, green beans, asparagus and/or onions.
- Make sure your veggies are cut into roughly the same size pieces or strips so they cook at the same rate.
- Be careful not to cut your veggies too small or overcook them as they will get soft and soggy.
- Since the stir fry is made in one pan, make sure you’re using a high-sided skillet so all of the ingredients can fit in it together.
- Instead of chicken stock, you can use beef stock or broth like this slow cooker beef bone broth.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 337mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1402IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg