Sous Vide Frozen Chicken Breast
No need to defrost your chicken for dinner! Learn how to cook Sous Vide Frozen Chicken Breast that’s tender and juicy with little active time!
Servings 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Fresh lemon for serving
Heat a sous vide water bath to 140F degrees.
Combine the chicken breasts and remaining ingredients in a vacuum seal bag and seal.
Cook for 2 ½ - 3 hours.
Remove from the bag, reserving the bag juice.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat and brown the chicken breast for 30 seconds on each side (be careful not to overcook).
Serve drizzled with the bag sauce and fresh lemon juice.
- To keep bacteria out of the sealed bag, make sure you seal the bag properly. This is very important for food safety.
- If the bag starts to float in the water bath, just open the bag, let the excess air out and reseal it.
- You can also use something heavy to weigh down the bag like this sous vide sinker weight.
- The chicken breasts are fully cooked when they come out of the water bath, but I recommend browning them in a skillet for flavor and presentation.
- For the best browning, pat the chicken dry with a paper towel when it comes out of the water bath.
- When browning the chicken breasts, make sure you only do so for 30 seconds per side. You don’t want them to overcook and dry out.
- Don’t throw out the bag juices! Serve it over the chicken with some fresh lemon juice.
- If your chicken breasts are large, they may take closer to 3 hours to cook.
- Save yourself some time and season your fresh chicken breasts before sealing them in bags and freezing them. Then, you can just drop the bag in your water bath when you're ready to cook them.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 2455mg | Potassium: 460mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 388IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2mg