Spicy Miso Ramen
Flavored with red miso paste, spicy fermented broad bean paste and other seasonings, this spicy miso ramen is absolutely packed with amazing flavors!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
Cover the dried shiitakes with boiling water and let them sit for 30-45 minutes, until softened.
Squeeze the water from them, and slice them for serving, discarding the stems. (Reserve the mushroom liquid)
Combine all remaining ingredients, except noodles, mushrooms and toppings, in a large pot and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
Strain the stock through a sieve or cheesecloth.
Add ¼ cup of the mushroom cooking liquid.
Place noodles in a bowl and serve the hot broth over top. Top with sliced shiitake mushrooms and other desired toppings.
- For less spice, reduce the amount of broad bean paste added.
- For additional spice, add 1-2 tablespoons of chili paste/sambal (adding more broad bean paste may make the dish too salty).
- Make sure to reserve the mushroom soaking liquid to add at the end.
- You can substitute white miso paste for red if that's what you have.
- You can use pork or vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 1291mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 58IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2mg