Eggnog Cheesecake Bars with Gingersnap Crust
Eggnog Cheesecake Bars with a gingersnap crust...its doesn't get more holiday than this! Creamy cheesecake filling flavored with eggnog and spice all on top of a homemade gingersnap crust is the perfect holiday treat!
Servings 16 bars
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use a food processor or blender to finely crush the gingersnaps.
Combine the crushed gingersnaps with the melted butter and mix until a "dough" forms.
Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and press the crust firmly in the bottom.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes and let cool fully.
Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl; beat for about 1 minute.
Add the eggs, rum extract and nutmeg. Beat for another minute.
Add the eggnog and flour and mix until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture over the gingersnap crust.
Place the pan in a larger pan filled with about 1-2 inches of water. This will keep the cheesecake from cracking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until the center is set.
Let cool for one hour and then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
Slice the bars and garnish with fresh grated nutmeg and whipped cream.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened, otherwise the cheesecake mixture will be lumpy;
- Baking the cheesecake bars in a water bath helps to keep cracks from forming;
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the bars to test doneness. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bars are done;
- The crust can be made in advance to save time;
- Make sure to chill for at least 3 hours or the cheesecake will be too soft - chilling is important to ensure the texture comes out thick, smooth and creamy;
- The rum is optional and can be omitted if desired;
- You can also use a Graham Cracker Crust (recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch) or an Oreo Crust (you can use the crust from this recipe).
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 72mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg