Sauteed Broccolini with Garlic and Lemon
Light, fresh, tender Sauteed Broccolini with a touch of lemon juice and garlic is the perfect side dish for any meal. Plus it's easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Trim the broccolini, taking about 1 inch off the bottom of the stalks. Slice any thick stalks lengthwise so they cook evenly.
Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, until it softens and starts to brown.
Add the broccolini and mix to coat with the butter. Cook for about 2 minutes.
Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until broccolini is tender.
Check on the broccolini every 5 minutes or so to ensure the liquid has not evaporated. If it has, add an additional 1/8 cup of broth and continue cooking (covered).
Squeeze the juice of half a lemon on top and serve.
- If the broth cooks off before broccolini is tender, add an additional 1/8 cup and continue cooking until tender.
- Slice the stalks in half lengthwise if they are thick so they cook more evenly and become tender;
- Add additional salt to taste, but note the lemon juice adds a salty flavor so be careful with the salt.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days in a covered container.
- How to freeze: Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about 1 minute. Drain thoroughly and place on a baking sheet directly in the freezer for 3 hours. Place in a freezer bag and store up to 6 months. Cook from frozen or thaw overnight in the fridge.
Serving: 4oz. | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 545mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1130IU | Vitamin C: 150.9mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1.4mg