Oven Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
This oven Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is super easy to make right in the oven for perfectly crispy bacon and tender asparagus packed with that deliciously salty and meaty bacony (definitely should be a word) flavor.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (about 40 spears)
- 8-10 slices regular (or thin) cut bacon
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wrap one piece of bacon around 3-4 stalks of asparagus. Continue until all asparagus is wrapped in bacon.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top.
Place the asparagus on the rack on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes on each side (20 minutes total).
- Be sure to use regular or thin cut bacon, not thick cut. Thick cut will take too long to cook and you will end up with soggy bacon;
- Line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Save the bacon fat in a sealable container when the asparagus is done cooking.
- If your bacon is not crisp enough, pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes - just be sure it doesn't burn!
- To make it ahead of time, wrap all your asparagus with bacon and store in a covered container in the fridge overnight. Cook according to the instructions when ready.
Serving: 2bundles | Calories: 137kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 210mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1.7mg