Lemon Ricotta Pancake Recipe
Light, fluffy, perfectly rich and packed full of fresh lemon flavor, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are everything you've been dreaming of.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Mix the ricotta cheese, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, buttermilk and vanilla in a large bowl.
Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt, being careful not to over-mix. It's OK if there are a few lumps in the mixture.
Meanwhile, beat the egg whites in a bowl until frothy and no longer opaque.
Fold the egg whites into the pancake batter, being careful not to over-mix so the egg whites don't deflate.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and brush it with butter.
Pour a portion of the pancake batter (1/8 to 1/4 cup, depending on size preference) in the pan and cook until golden brown (1-2 minutes per side).
Remove and place on a plate. Place finished pancakes on a plate in a 200 degree oven to keep them warm while remaining pancakes are completed. Repeat until all batter is gone.
- Add additional lemon zest if you like the pancakes to have a stronger lemon flavor.
- Substitute orange juice and peel for the lemon to make orange ricotta pancakes.
- Don't over mix the batter as your pancakes will become tough.
- Gently fold in the egg whites so they don't deflate.
- Keep pancakes warm in a 200 degree oven while you finish cooking the remaining batter.
- Use a non-stick skillet and make sure to add more butter periodically to prevent pancakes from sticking.
Serving: 2pancakes | Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 219mg | Potassium: 228mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 6.7mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg