15 Minute Spicy Blackened Shrimp Salad
Made with juicy, succulent shrimp and topped with a fresh made mango dressing, this Blackened Shrimp Salad is packed with flavor and only takes 15 minutes to make!
Servings 6 servings
- 10 oz. medium-large shrimp
- 1 bag salad mix (any kind)
- 4 tsp. blackened seasoning
- 1 avocado, diced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 green apple, diced
Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and coat evenly with blackened seasoning.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter, bacon fat, coconut oil or other cooking oil over medium high heat.
Add shrimp and cook for about 1-2 minutes per side, until cooked through but not overcooked. They should no longer be opaque.
Combine remaining salad ingredients and serve with mango dressing (below).
- Use the fan while cooking the shrimp - the blackened seasoning has a tendency to smoke.
- Don't overcook the shrimp or it will be chewy.
- Substitute other fruit for mango is you don't like mango. Most fruits will work.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 1497mg | Potassium: 303mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1.5mg