Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup
Deliciously buttery corned beef stewed with chunks of cabbage and potato in a flavorful broth, this Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage Soup is ready in under 30 minutes for the perfect feel-good meal!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 4 cups cooked corned beef
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp. black pepper (according to preference)
- 3 oz. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Salt, (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. bacon fat
- 4 tbsp. cream (optional)
Heat the bacon fat in the Instant Pot on the highest saute setting. Add the cabbage and saute for 2-4 minutes, until softened.
Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the potatoes, carrots, corned beef and seasonings and stir to combine.
Add the stock and cream (optional) and set the Instant Pot to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
Use the quick release to release the pressure when done cooking. Season with additional salt as necessary and serve with crusty bread.
- Using bacon fat to saute the cabbage adds and extra layer of flavor and richness to the soup. However, if you don't have bacon fat, you can substitute butter or other animal fat.
- If you don't have leftover corned beef, it's super easy to make using this Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe.
- The cream in the recipe is optional, however, it adds the perfect amount of richness to the soup.
Serving: 12oz | Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 1541mg | Potassium: 878mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 83.1% | Vitamin C: 52.2% | Calcium: 6.1% | Iron: 14.2%