Crispy Parmesan Oven Fried Squash
This crispy Parmesan oven fried squash is an absolute crowd pleaser, perfect for parties, side dishes or a fun movie snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 large summer squash
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs beaten
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Slice the squash into 1/4" slices. Combine the Parmesan cheese, salt and panko bread crumbs in a dish.
Dip the sliced squash in the egg wash, then coat with the bread crumb mixture. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Continue until all squash is well coated.
Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, sizzling and crispy.
- Make sure the squash is sliced thin enough (1/4") to enable it to cook through;
- Any kind of Parmesan cheese can be used for this recipe;
- If the outside of the squash is not crispy, continue baking in 5 minutes increments until it is.
- You can substitute zucchini for the squash with great results!
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 222kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 93mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 332mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 16.7mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 1.6mg