Peach Almond Tart with Crumble Topping
This Peach Almond Tart is deliciously creamy, buttery, made with sweet juicy peaches, almond paste, a custard filling and an almond crumble topping.
Servings 12 servings
Par bake the pie crust if not done already. Place parchment paper over the pie crust and fill with pie weights.
Bake the crust at 375F degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool while preparing the other ingredients.
Roll out the almond paste into about an 8 inch circle. Place it in your (mostly cooled) pie crust and gently press it down.
Beat the butter and sugar for 1 minute.
Add the eggs, almond extract, orange juice and brandy and beat until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
Mix in the flour. Pour the mixture into the almond paste lined pie crust.
Place the sliced peaches on top in a circular pattern (see below), or any pattern you like.
Top with the almond crumble (below) and bake at 350F degrees for 30 minutes. The edges of the crust should be golden brown.
Remove the tart from oven and let it cool at room temperature. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
- You can substitute pears, figs, blackberries, or plums for the peaches.
- Substitute rum for the brandy for a slightly different, but equally good, flavor.
- It is important to let your tart chill overnight to allow it time to set properly.
- Your pie crust should be mostly cooled before you place the rolled out almond paste on top.
- Add 1/8 cup of rolled oats to the topping for some extra texture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of orange peel for extra orange flavor.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 320IU | Vitamin C: 0.6mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 1mg