Instant Pot Beef Chili
This Instant Pot Beef Chili is the ultimate comfort food with roasted tomatoes and poblano peppers, smoky chipotle peppers, pinto beans, and of course our favorite BACON.
Servings 8 servings
Brown the beef in the Instant Pot using the saute function on normal.
Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients.
Switch the Instant Pot to pressure cook on normal (high) for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then release the remaining pressure using the quick release.
Serve with sliced avocado, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped green onions (optional but recommended).
- Roast the poblano peppers and tomatoes in advance to make the recipe even easier to throw together. I like to roast batches of veggies on the weekends and freeze them for future use.
- Make sure to stir the ground beef while it is browning to prevent sticking. If you get a "hot" warning on the Instant Pot, you need to stir it. When you add the remaining ingredients, be sure to stir so any pieces stuck to the bottom will be stirred in.
- For extra spicy chili, add an additional chipotle pepper, add extra chili powder and/or 1-2 sliced jalapenos.
- For a less spicy chili, reduce the amount of chili powder and add only 1/2 chipotle pepper.
- The chili is awesome the day you make it, but is even more super awesome the next day. Chili is always better the second day because the flavors have had time to meld together.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 266kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 649mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1590IU | Vitamin C: 57.5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2.5mg