The Best Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Buttery, crisp on the outside but deliciously creamy on the inside, these crispy roasted potatoes will have you swooning!
Servings 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
Boil the potatoes until they can just be pierced by a fork/knife. Drain.
While the potatoes are cooking, melt the butter and salt in a large bowl. Add the cooked potatoes and stir to coat with the butter.
**At this point, you can add other other seasonings if you desire such as truffles, garlic, onions, etc.** (SEE post above for some options)
Place the butter coated potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and cook for 45-50 minutes, flipping halfway through. The potatoes will be browned and slightly crispy on the outside when done.
- We are par-boiling the potatoes only, they should not be overcooked or mushy at all. They should still be slightly firm.
- Be sure to flip the potatoes half way through so they get crispy on all sides.
- Make sure the potatoes are cut in half (or quarters if you are using slightly larger potatoes) so they roast evenly. Pieces should be 3/4 to 1".
- To make potatoes extra crispy, you can dust them in cornstarch after coating them with the seasoning. use about 1/8 cup and mix it right in with the potatoes.
- Substitute any kind of fat for the butter (scroll towards to top of the post to find some amazing options for different fats).
- To reheat, drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of fat, mix well to coat, and place them in a 400F degree oven for 10-15 minutes and roast until they start to sizzle and crisp back up on the outside.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 1173mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg