Leftover Turkey Hand Pies
Leftover turkey, buttery roasted cashews, flaky crescent roll dough and a mild coconut curry make these Turkey Hand Pies just the most delicious morsels of goodness!
Servings 6 servings
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger and garlic and saute for 1 minutes.
Add the turkey, cashews, curry powder, garam masala, coconut sugar and salt. Saute for 1-2 minutes, until well combined.
Add the coconut milk and turkey stock and cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated (about 1 minute). Remove from heat and set aside.
Roll the crescent dough out onto a flat surface and cut the dough into 6 equal squares.
Place 2 tablespoons of the turkey mixture in the center of each dough square. Bring each dough corner up and pinch to seal together at the top (see photos above for examples).
Follow the same steps for the second container of crescent dough.
Place all turkey crescent rolls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon of ghee.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until dough is golden brown. Remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- The turkey filling can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days, or frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Don't let the crescent dough sit out too long or it becomes very difficult to work with. It's best used when chilled.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the cough into squares. This helps prevent the dough from tearing.
- Substitute chicken or beef for the turkey if desired.
- These curried turkey crescent can be made ahead and frozen. Make the stuffing, cut the dough into squares and make the pastries. Place them directly on a baking sheet in the freezer for 3 hours. Place frozen crescent roll appetizers in a airtight freezer safe bag and store for up to 3 months for best results.
Serving: 1pastry | Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 455mg | Potassium: 161mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1.3mg