Easy Caramelized Onion Flatbread Pizza
The perfect party appetizer, this Caramelized Onion Flatbread Pizza is made with sweet caramelized onions, salty, smoky crumbles of bacon, crumbled blue cheese and a drizzle of honey.
Servings 4 servings
Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
Add sliced onions and butter to a medium saucepan (2 quart) and cook over medium heat, stirring periodically until onions are caramelized, about 10-15 minutes.
Place the flatbreads on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Spread onions on top and add the crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges start to brown and flatbread starts to crisp.
Remove from oven and drizzle with the honey. Slice and serve.
- Warm the honey slightly so it's easier to drizzle when the flatbread comes out of the oven.
- Substitute goat cheese for the blue cheese if desired.
- You can make the caramelized onions ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Cut the flatbread in bite size pieces for party appetizers if desired.
- To freeze after cooking, wrap the pizza in wax paper then plastic wrap or foil. Place in a freezer bag and freezer for up to one month. I don't recommend freezing this before cooking.
Serving: 0.5flatbread | Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 619mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1mg