Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup
This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup is the ultimate cold weather comfort food and may just be the easiest recipe you will ever make.
Servings 6 servings
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the peas, basmati rice, yogurt and cilantro in the Instant Pot.
Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes.
Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then use the manual release to release any remaining pressure.
Turn the Instant to the normal sauté setting and bring to a simmer.
Add the peas and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Add additional salt to taste if necessary. Place in bowls over basmati rice and garnish with 1-2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and cilantro. Serve with naan bread.
- Chicken breasts can be used in place of thighs, but the result is not as tender and juicy.
- Add more or less jalapenos depending on the level of spice you'd like. I find 2 jalapenos adds just enough spice.
- I always recommend full fat coconut milk be used to provide a richness to the stew. Lite can be substituted, but the result will be a thinner, less rich stew.
- Chicken stock has more flavor and richness than chicken broth. I highly recommend using your own homemade chicken stock, or a very good store brand stock.
- If you don't have basmati rice, any rice will do. I recommend using jasmine, brown, or wild rice in place of the basmati.
- Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, use the microwave or place in a large pot over medium heat until heated through.
- To freeze: Place the stew in either one airtight container, or multiple serving size airtight containers for convenience. Personally, I use a Foodsaver to freeze individual servings of the stew. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave or place in a large pot over medium heat until heated through.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1236mg | Potassium: 467mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 125IU | Vitamin C: 11.1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.7mg