Honey Baked Ham Recipe with Orange Chipotle Glaze
This Honey Baked Ham recipe is slathered in honey, butter and orange, baked to juicy perfection, then coated in a honey orange chipotle glaze and broiled until sticky and caramelized.
Servings 10 servings
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees.
Combine the melted butter, honey, orange zest and orange juice in a bowl. Rub the mixture on the ham, getting in between the slices when you can.
Cover the ham with foil and bake for about 12-15 minutes per pound. Remove the the oven and take the foil off. Brush the glaze all over the ham.
Place it under the broiler until it is sizzling and the sugar starts to caramelize, about 5-10 minutes depending on your broiler. Make sure you watch it to ensure it doesn't burn.
Chipotle Orange Glaze:
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until simmering. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until mixture has become thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove the chipotle pepper so only the glaze remains.
To get the pan sauce, spoon it out of the roasting pan of the ham or use a turkey baster. I highly recommend using a turkey baster.
- Try to rub the orange honey butter mixture in between the slices if you can without ripping them off the ham.
- Use additional orange zest for a more intense orange flavor.
- For a 10 lbs. ham, I recommend cooking for about 120 minutes at 275 degrees for the perfect juicy ham.
- Cover the ham in foil to prevent it from drying out. I also recommend basting it every 30 minutes to keep it juicy.
- Use a turkey baster to extract pan drippings for the glaze.
- Using a chipotle infused honey adds a nice smoky pepper flavor to the ham.
- The chipotle pepper is optional if you prefer no spice.
Serving: 6oz | Calories: 1157kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 97g | Fat: 78g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 287mg | Sodium: 5403mg | Potassium: 1307mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 4mg