Grilled Peach Salad
Servings 6 servings
- 4 whole peaches
- 3 ounces Castello Danish Blue Cheese
- 2 slices red onion quartered
- 3 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Bacon vinaigrette below
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 pieces bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Heat the grill to 400F degrees.
Slice the peaches in half and remove the pits. Lightly brush with olive oil and place on the grill.
Grill for 2-4 minutes, until peaches have light grill marks. Remove and let cool.
Slice the grilled peaches and toss in a bowl with arugula, walnuts, Castello Danish Blue Cheese, red onions and bacon vinaigrette.
- Brush the grill grates with oil before grilling to make sure the peaches don't stick.
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts. Use candied walnuts or candied pecans for something extra special.
- You can use frozen peaches and grill them on a grill mat or in a veggie grilling basket.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 671IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1mg