Instant Pot Broccoli
The quickest, easiest way to cook broccoli, this Instant Pot broccoli is buttery and tender, drizzled with a lemon butter sauce, and on the table in 15 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large head of broccoli about 4 cups of florets
- ½ cup water
Cut the heads of broccoli into individual florets.
Place them in a steamer basket (made to work with Instant Pot) and put them in the Instant Pot.
Add the water and set the pressure to cook for zero minutes.
Use the quick release to release the steam when done.
Drizzle with lemon butter and serve immediately.
Lemon Butter Sauce:
Combine the butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20-60 seconds, or until butter is fully melted.
Stir well to ensure it is combined and the salt has dissolved.
- If your broccoli comes out mushy (I've never had this happen, but some people have), try cooking it on low pressure instead.
- Use fresh lemon juice for the best results. Bottled juice will not provide the same fresh flavor.
- You can also crumble some cheese like feta or goat cheese on top for an extra delicious tangy flavor.
- Double the recipe for the same cook time.
- I use a 6 quart Instant Pot to make this recipe. An 8 quart would work also, but I would add ¾ cup of water.
- Replace the lemon butter with this Chili Butter if you want some spice or this Chimichurri Sauce for a delicious tangy, herby flavor.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 126mg | Potassium: 480mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1297IU | Vitamin C: 137mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg