Truffle Mashed Potatoes
Easy to make, these mashed potatoes are ultra rich and creamy, with a good dose of the wonderfully earthly flavors of black truffles.
Servings 8 servings
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes
- ⅛ cup salt for seasoning the water
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter room temperature
- ½ cup cream room temperature
- 2 teaspoons truffle zest
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
Cut the potatoes in cubes. Add to a pot of boiling water along with the ⅛ cup of salt.
Boil for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes can be easily pierced with fork. Drain thoroughly.
Place back in the pot and mash (with a potato masher) in the butter, sour cream, butter, cream, truffle oil, truffle zest, ans salt. Be careful not to over mash or the potatoes will become gluey.
- The water is salted heavily to add flavor to the potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes in 2 inch cubes to help them cook faster.
- If you prefer not to have the potato skin, you can peel the potatoes before boiling;
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly. If there is water left in them, they will be watery. The less water the fluffier your potatoes will be.
- Being careful not to mash the potatoes too much helps to keep them fluffy and creamy.
- Use room temperature butter, cream and sour cream so the potatoes don't get cold when you mash them.
- Mashed potatoes are best served immediately.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 2422mg | Potassium: 744mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 438IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg