Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
Creamy, spicy and filled with the flavors of the holiday, this Cranberry Jalapeno Dip comes together in under 5 minutes and is perfect for parties and gatherings!
Servings 6 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut sugar substitute brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno diced
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries halved or quartered
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Let the cream cheese soften to room temperature.
In a bowl, add the sugar, cream cheese, honey, salt and chili powder and mix together until well combined and not grainy. You can also use a mixer for convenience.
In a separate bowl, combine the cranberries, jalapeno, cilantro and lemon juice and toss to coat with the lemon juice.
Pour the cream cheese mixture in a bowl. The mixture should be about 1 ½ inches thick.
Pour the cranberry mixture on top and serve with crackers.
- For extra spice, add an additional jalapeno or other hot pepper like Thai chili or habanero pepper.
- Mix the cream cheese mixture well to prevent it from being grainy.
- The recipe can be easily doubled, tripled or quadrupled.
- The chili powder can be ommited if you'd like less spice.
- Chop the cranberries in smaller pieces if desired. They can be quartered or halved.
Serving: 2tablespoons | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 668IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg