Instant Pot Beets
Instant Pot Beets are so quick and easy, you'll be eating beets all the time! The Instant Pot gives you juicy, tender beets in 30 minutes or less!
Servings 6 servings
- 6 medium beets 2 ½" diameter
Scrub the beets under cool water to remove all the dirt.
Slice the green off the top of the beets, exposing just the top of the beet.
Place the beets on the trivet in the Instant Pot.
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
Pressure cook on high pressure for 25 minutes. (see notes for varied cook times)
Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Let the beets cool so they can be handled. Carefully peel the beets (the skin should come off very easily).
They can be stored in the fridge in a covered container for up to one week.
- Cook time will differ depending on the size of the beets. See the time chart in the post for adjustments due to size of the beets.
- Scrub the beets (and the greens) well to ensure all the dirt has been removed.
- Save the beet greens to use in salads.
- Use gloves when peeling the beets to keep your hands from getting stained.
- Golden beets can be used in place of the regular beets.
Serving: 1beet | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 56IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg