Sous Vide Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri
These Sous Vide Lamb Chops are ultra tender and juicy and served with the most incredible homemade mint chimichurri that you won't be able to stop eating!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat a water bath to 131F degrees with your sous vide.
Rub the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add the lamb chops, smashed garlic and lemon juice to a vacuum seal bag or a high quality freezer bag.
Use a vacuum sealer or the water displacement method (see above in post) to remove all the air from the bag.
Place in the preheated water bath and cook for 2 hours. Remove and plunge bag into an ice bath until ready to sear.
Remove the lamb from the bag and pat it dry on all sides. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over high heat until it starts to smoke.
Place the lamb in the pan and cook for 1 minute per side, until a crust forms.
Remove from skillet and serve with mint chimichurri.
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until everything is chopped. You want it to be slightly chunky, so it doesn't need to be totally blended.
Stir into the olive oil and serve with the lamb chops.
Cook lamb chops from frozen: Add an additional 45 minutes to ensure it cooks properly.
- Lamb chops should be at least 1" thick, preferably 1 ½ to 2" thick.
- Placing the bag in an ice bath after removing it from the water bath helps to cool the meat so it won't overcook when searing.
- Make sure the meat is patted dry before searing - it will get a better crust if it has limited moisture on the outside.
- Lamb can also be grilled over high heat instead of pan seared. Grill for about 1 minutes per side to get the crust.
- It's important to use fresh herbs when making the chimichurri.
- Don't over-process the herbs for the chimichurri as you want it to be a little chunky.
Serving: 1lamb chop | Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1817IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 6mg