Sous Vide Pork Chops with Apple Mustard Sauce
Never have dry pork chops again! These Sous Vide Pork Chops come out perfectly tender, juicy and amazingly delicious.
Servings 4 servings
Sous Vide Cooker
12 quart container
Cast iron skillet
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2-3 teaspoons salt (enough to salt all sides of the chops)
Apple Mustard Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced apple
- 2 shallot minced
- ½ cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 ⅕ cups cream
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt to taste
Heat a water bath to 140F degrees.
Season the pork chops with salt on both sides.
Vacuum seal in an airtight bag. You can also use the water displacement method to ensure all the air is pushed out of the bag (see post above).
Cook for 2 hours. Remove and place in an ice bath for 5-10 minutes to stop the chops from cooking.
Heat a cast iron skillet to smoking (or a grill on high heat).
Pat the pork chops dry, and place them in the skillet; sear for 1 minute a side.
Remove and serve with the apple mustard sauce.
Apple Mustard Sauce
Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the butter and apples and shallots.
Sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the brandy and cook for 3 minutes to let the alcohol burn off.
Add the cream and mustard. Cook for about 3-5 minutes, or until slightly reduced and sauce sticks to the back of a spoon.
Taste and add the salt if necessary (sometimes it is salty enough depending on the brand of mustard and brandy used).
- Let the pork get close to room temperature before placing it in the sous vide to avoid the temperature of the water dropping too much.
- Removing the air from the bag is an important step that should not be skipped to avoid bacteria entering the bag.
- Don't sear the pork for more than 1 minute per side otherwise it will be overcooked. You can even do less if you get enough browning.
- If your sauce is too thick, add additional cream or some chicken broth to thin it.
- Taste your sauce before adding salt as some mustard brands are saltier than others.
Serving: 1pork chop | Calories: 616kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 216mg | Sodium: 1733mg | Potassium: 662mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1422IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg