Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
These air fryer sweet potatoes turn out perfect every time, with a sweet and tender middle and ultra crispy skin!
Servings 2 servings
Scrub the sweet potatoes clean, pat them dry and use a fork to poke several holes into each one.
Lightly coat the sweet potatoes in avocado oil (substitute an oil of your choice) and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt for each potato.
If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat it to 350F degrees.
Place the potatoes side by side in the air fryer basket.
Cook at 350F degrees for 30-40 minutes, flipping after 15-20 minutes. They're done when a knife can be inserted with ease through the potato.
Serve with a slice of salted butter and more coarse sea salt.
- To enjoy the skin, make sure it is scrubbed clean and doesn’t have any dry or rotting spots on it.
- The size of the sweet potato is key to even cooking. Make sure they’re the same size so they air fry evenly. Sweet potatoes that are short and round will take much longer to cook through.
- For evenly air fried sweet potatoes, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. I usually air fry two sweet potatoes at a time.
- If you’re using a larger capacity or toaster oven-style air fryer, you may be able to fit more potatoes in the basket.
- No need to spray the air fryer basket as the potatoes are oiled so they won’t stick.
- Piercing holes into the skin of the sweet potato helps steam escape as it air fries.
- Each air fryer cooks a little differently, so start checking the sweet potatoes at about 30 minutes.
Serving: 1potato | Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1225mg | Potassium: 381mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 16031IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg