Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is a light, fluffy and flavorful side dish that comes together with just 5 ingredients in your Instant Pot!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 cups long-grain white rice basmati or jasmine
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
Rinse the rice thoroughly in a strainer and let it drain.
Combine the water, rice, butter, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and salt in the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Put the lid on the pot, press the power button and set it to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
Set the knob to sealing.
When the pot is done cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the pressure.
Fluff the rice with a fork. Add the remaining lime juice, cilantro, and lime zest. Stir and fluff again.
Taste for salt and add as needed. Serve hot.
- To keep the rice from sticking, I recommend using a non-stick insert for the Instant Pot.
- For the best flavor, always use fresh lime juice and avoid bottled juice, which can have additives.
- For extra flavor, instead of cooking the rice in water, try using broth.
- To zest the lime, you can use a zester or the fine holes on a box grater. You'll want to focus on grating the green outer peel, and not the pith underneath (the white part), as that can taste bitter.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 668mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 403IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg