Sous Vide Beef Ribs
These Sous Vide Beef Ribs require just two ingredients and they turn out tender, juicy and fall-off-the-bone delicious every time!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ - 3 pounds beef back ribs not short ribs
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Mesquite seasoning or another steak seasoning
Heat a sous vide water bath to 135F degrees.
Use a knife to remove any membrane (or silver skin) from the back of the ribs.
Rub the seasoning generously over the ribs on both sides.
Place in a vacuum seal bag or a heavy duty ziplock bag.
Use a vacuum sealer or the water displacement method (see above) to remove the air from the bag.
Cook for 24-36 hours (the longer you cook, the more tender they will be).
Remove from the water bath and take the ribs out of the bag.
Pat the ribs dry with some paper towels.
Grill on high heat or broil in the oven to crisp the outside of the ribs. (I recommend grilling for the best flavor).
Slice between the bones and serve.
- Removing the air from the bag is an important step that should not be skipped to avoid bacteria entering the bag.
- Since we’re cooking these ribs for up to 36 hours, you'll need to ensure the water level stays high enough and air stays out of the bag to prevent bacteria from forming.
- Don’t skip the step of removing the membrane (or silver skin) from the back of the ribs. The texture is tough and chewy and will take away from the tenderness of the beef.
- The longer you cook the ribs, the more tender they will get.
- Make sure your grill is heated to a high temperature so the ribs get crispy on the outside quickly.
- Don't grill or broil the ribs for more than 1-2 minutes per side as they will overcook and dry out.
- To enhance the BBQ flavor of these ribs, you can slather on some homemade barbecue sauce before you grill or broil them!
Serving: 1rib | Calories: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 84g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 279mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 1303mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 186IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 119mg | Iron: 11mg