Sous Vide Carrots
Sous Vide Carrots are deliciously sweet with an intense flavor and perfectly cooked to your desired texture with a caramelized glaze!
Servings 6 servings
Heat a sous vide water bath to 184F degrees.
Wash the carrots and place them in a vacuum seal or zip lock freezer bag and add the remaining ingredients. (Try to spread the ingredients over the carrots as much as possible while in the bag).
Use a vacuum sealer to vacuum seal the bag, or use the water displacement method described above if using a freezer bag.
Cook the carrots 1 hour for firm, 1 ½ hours for slightly soft, and 2 hours for very soft.
Remove the bag from the water bath and transfer the carrots and the cooking liquid to a heated skillet.
Cook the carrots on medium high heat until they start to caramelize on the outside, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove from the skillet and serve.
- For even cooking, make sure the carrots are roughly the same size and they’re arranged in the sealable bag in a single layer.
- Try to spread the glaze ingredients over the carrots as much as possible while in the bag.
- You can substitute olive oil for the butter. Just make sure it’s good quality as it will have the best flavor.
- You can also substitute honey for the maple syrup.
- The sealed bag of carrots should be completely submerged in the water bath. If air gets in the bag and it floats, just open the bag, remove the air and reseal it.
- To prevent floating, you can also weigh the bag down with something heavy (like adding a few utensils to the bag) or use sous vide weights.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 469mg | Potassium: 255mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 12690IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg