Spicy Crab and Corn Bisque
Spicy Crab and Corn Bisque is rich, smooth and creamy with sweet corn and chunks of lump crab. You’ll love this fuss-free recipe for a quick appetizer or dinner!
Servings 4 servings
Heat the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat until melted.
Add the onion and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add half the corn and cook another 2 minutes.
Add the sherry and cook down for 5 minutes.
Add the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, tarragon and crab boil and stir.
Pour in the seafood stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Use an immersion blender to blend until mostly smooth (it's okay if it's still a little chunky).
Stir in the cream and the remaining corn and simmer for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
Stir in the crab meat and then remove from heat.
Add additional salt, if necessary, and serve in bowls garnished with green onions and croutons.
- When using the immersion blender, blend for 3-5 minutes, or until the bisque is creamy. It's okay if there are a few small chunky pieces.
- If you’re using a stand blender, make sure to let the liquid cool slightly before transferring it to the blender and blending it. If you have a heat proof blender, that’s even better.
- In place of the crab, you can use lobster or shrimp.
- You can substitute chicken or vegetable stock for the seafood stock.
- While sherry adds a depth of flavor, if you prefer not to use it, you can just use more stock.
- When simmering the bisque with the cream you should stir frequently and make sure it doesn’t come to a boil as the cream may start to curdle.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 559kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 1959mg | Potassium: 706mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1620IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg