Sardine Pizza is quick and easy with simple ingredients that pack a lot of flavor. You’ll want to add this one to your next pizza night!
Servings 2 people
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 can sardines boneless
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers
- 1 tomato chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- lemon for garnish
- arugula handful for topping
Preheat the oven to 450F degrees.
Sauté the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned.
Place pizza crust on a baking sheet and drizzle the garlic olive oil mixture over the top.
Add the sliced red onion, capers and chopped tomato.
Add the sardines on top, distributing them evenly across the pizza.
Sprinkle generously with feta cheese. Use more or less as you'd like.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until crust is brown and cooked on the bottom (use a spatula to gently lift it to determine if the bottom has browned).
Top with fresh arugula, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
- For the store-bought pizza crust, I use Boboli, but you can use your favorite pizza crust. Other options include naan bread, pita bread or homemade dough.
- To really appreciate the flavor of sardines, I recommend using sardines packed in water or olive oil.
- For the garlic olive oil base it’s important to use a good quality olive oil for maximum flavor.
- If you like a saucier pizza, you can use a tomato sauce, alfredo sauce or a pesto sauce (or whatever sauce you'd like).
- Sometimes fresh tomato can make a pizza crust soggy so make sure you drain any excess juices from your chopped tomato.
- Instead of feta, you can use another type of cheese. This pizza would also be delicious with mozzarella.
- In place of the arugula garnish, you can use other greens like spinach or fresh herbs.
- If you don’t have capers, you can substitute green olives.
Serving: 2pieces | Calories: 796kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1462mg | Potassium: 276mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 608IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 322mg | Iron: 6mg