Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
You’ll love these healthier Air Fryer Frozen French Fries. They’re golden brown and crispy, with minimal oil and almost no prep time!
Servings 6 people
- 32 ounce bag frozen french fries regular or seasoned
- 1 teaspoon salt fine
- Spray oil
Spray the air fryer lightly with spray oil.
Toss the french fries with salt, spray lightly with oil and add to the air fryer basket.
Use the air fry setting to cook at 400F degrees for 20-25 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes to ensure even browning.
- While I used regular frozen french fries, you can use curly fries, steak fries, waffle fries or shoestring fries. You’ll just need to adjust the time slightly for each one to ensure they get browned.
- For extra flavor, try adding Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning or some ground black pepper.
- When spraying oil in the air fryer basket, be sure to use real cooking oil and not PAM as it's not ideal for your air fryer. I like to use this oil sprayer and fill it with my favorite oil.
- Don’t overdo it on the oil. The fries won’t necessarily get crispier and they may end up getting a little soggy.
- If your air fryer model requires preheating, you should do so before adding the french fries.
- Air fryers can vary so you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
- You don’t need to worry about the fries being in a single layer, but be careful not to overfill your air fryer.
- If you have a small air fryer, you may need to air fry the fries in two batches or just use half the bag.
- To ensure the fries brown evenly, shake the basket every 5 minutes so the fries on the bottom get rotated to the top of the air fryer basket.
- This recipe results in ultra crispy fries. If you like them less crispy, just reduce the air frying time by a few minutes.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Sodium: 1128mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 7g | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 2mg