Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts
Instant Pot Brussels Sprouts are cooked in a flavorful white wine broth and sautéed with cream. They turn out sweet and tender every time!
Servings 4 servings
Cut the brussels sprouts in half if they're large. Small brussels sprouts can be kept whole.
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot, except the cream, and pressure cook on high for 2 minutes. Use the quick release to release the pressure.
Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté setting and add the cream.
Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the cream thickens and coats the brussels sprouts.
Remove and serve immediately.
- Make sure your brussels sprouts are all roughly the same size so they cook evenly. If you have some larger ones, just cut them in half.
- For the chicken broth, you can use store-bought or homemade. This crockpot chicken broth is one of my favorites to use.
- For added flavor, substitute the butter for bacon fat or duck fat.
- Make sure you quick release the pressure. If you naturally release it, the brussels sprouts will continue cooking and end up overcooked and mushy.
- These brussels sprouts are ultra tender and similar to braised brussels sprouts. If you like your brussels sprouts crispy with caramelized edges, try these sweet and spicy brussels sprouts.
- While the brussels sprouts need just 2 minutes to pressure cook and 3-5 minutes to sauté, don’t forget to factor in time for pressure to build and release in the Instant Pot.
- To add to the rich flavor of these brussels sprouts, try serving them with parmesan cheese and crumbled bacon.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 621mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 96mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2mg