Coconut Lime Chicken Skewers
These coconut lime chicken skewers are ultra easy to make, super flavorful and work great for warm summer barbecues, as well as cool winter evenings.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs cut in 2" pieces
- lime wedges for serving
- cilantro for serving
- jasmine rice for serving
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Stir in the chicken and let it marinade in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes and drain.
Place the chicken pieces on the skewers.
Heat a grill over medium heat (can also use the broiler).
Cook the chicken on the grill (or under the broiler) for 3-5 minutes/side.
Remove and serve over rice with cilantro, limes and extra hot sauce.
- Soaking the bamboo skewers in water helps them not to burn on the grill.
- Make sure to marinade the chicken for at least 4 hours to get the best results. Recommend 8 hours or more, but you can do four if you're in a rush.
- Add vegetables/fruit such as red peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, etc. to the marinade to cook with the chicken.
- While chicken thighs work the best, you can also use chicken breast. Just be careful not to overcook as it fries out quickly.
Serving: 2skewers | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 518mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 52IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg