Instant Pot Collard Greens
Instant Pot Collard Greens with smoked turkey wings are tender and meaty and ready in only an hour when made in the pressure cooker!
Servings 4 servings
Heat the olive oil in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting.
Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
Add the greens, half the sherry vinegar, salt and pepper and stir to coat the greens with the oil and onion mixture.
Add the turkey wings, mixing them in with the greens.
Add the broth and seal the lid. Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes.
Use the quick release to release the pressure.
Shred the turkey and mix in with the greens.
Serve drizzled with the remaining sherry vinegar.
- To save time, I use pre-washed and pre-cut collard greens, but you can wash and chop your own if you prefer.
- It may look like you’re adding a lot of collard greens to your Instant Pot, but they shrink down once cooked, so be sure to use all 16 ounces.
- For the chicken broth, you can use store-bought or homemade, like this Instant Pot chicken bone broth.
- Save the flavorful pot liquor that the greens and turkey wings cook in. It’s great for dunking your cornbread in, or it’s a delicious base for soups and gravies.
- Make sure you quick release the pressure on the Instant Pot. If you naturally release it, the collard greens will continue cooking and may end up overcooked and a bit too soft.
- While the greens need 35 minutes to pressure cook, you’ll also need to factor in time for pressure to build and release in the Instant Pot.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 865mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 5703IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 2mg